Best of 2015

Well, didn't 2015 just fly in? It went so fast that it's already 2016 and this is the first chance I've had to do my Best of 2015 blog post - but better late than never, right? This year I decided to not only post photos taken on paid jobs but also some collaborations with other creatives as well as some family shots. At the end of the day, this should be about my favourite shots of 2015, not just ones I was paid for. Professionally, there was a huge amount of variety as I became more involved with shooting features and commercial work for Ayrshire Magazine, became a preferred supplier for a few more wedding venues and managed to shoot a fashion shoot and another destination wedding in Bulgaria (which resulted in three awards from the Guild of Professional Photographers AND the winning image for their IOM competition in June!) I managed to secure a few more Bronze and Silver Bar awards from the Guild, as well as my first Gold Bar, which felt amazing! A first for me was when I was asked by an old friend from my Scots Guards days, who was dying from cancer, if I would photograph his funeral - talk about a tough job! As a Scottish wedding photographer, I don't tie myself down to only shooting at local venues in Ayrshire, and this year saw me shooting some gorgeous venues across Scotland including Mansfield Traquair in Edinburgh and Lochnell Castle, near Oban (where the bride & grooms dog attended the whole day, so we filmed her experiences with my GoPro on a special harness rig - check it out at: https://youtu.be/gJGcKWIihOM ) Okay, so that's enough rambling on from me, here are my favourite shots from 2015 - I hope you enjoy them (as always, no Photoshops were harmed in the creation of these photographs ;) ):



After racing cross-country, just outside Oban, in a 4x4 a short dash gave us these breathtaking views as the sun set over the isles








Believe it or not, we sometimes get a wee bit of rain in Scotland...








































We had one or two wedding selfies this year :)





























Even walking the dogs near sunset gives my two girls a chance to pose :)





Coffee in Paris












When my girls come along to a collaborative shoot with me...
and they hijack the models parents!



















Guitar legend Albert Lee


































Making a fraction of a second... last a lifetime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How a 9-yr old shot a wedding using the Fujifilm X-T1

Swimwear & fashion photoshoot with the Fujifilm X-T1 & X100T

Billingham Hadley Large review