The best of 2014

As we are now into the last few hours of 2014, it's time to share some of my favourite memories and images from the past 12 months. This year has been an incredible one and I've had to pinch myself a few times to make sure I'm not dreaming. There have been weddings and photoshoots all across Scotland & England as well as Bulgaria, France & Italy, which have all presented their own challenges but I've loved every single minute. 2015, you have a lot to live up to!
Among the highlights, I was honoured when Cotton Carrier asked me to be one of only two wedding photographers in the world to join their Pro-Shooter team. Then, in April, Phottix Professional Photo Accessories asked to interview me for a feature on the PHOTTIX website. The year definitely got of to an exciting start! In the summer, I joined the Guild of Professional Photographers and started entering their Image Of the Month competition as a wee challenge to myself to keep pushing my limits. Since then, there have been awards given for a range of genres including weddings, adult portraits, children portraits, sports and pets and you will see a few of them below. My thinking behind this move was simply to prove that I can provide my clients with a consistently high standard of professional, award-winning images throughout the year.
To everyone who made the choice to book me to for your photographs in 2014, I have to say a massive Thank You for having the faith and giving me the chance to capture some of the key moments of your life. To those of you who I will be shooting in 2015, 2016 & 2017 - things can only get better! :)

Rhianna showed some incredible courage by allowing me to photograph her Rock The Frock shoot in the burned-out remains of her family home, which was gutted by fire on her sons' birthday. The signing frame on the wall was the one thing they grabbed as they took their two children in their arms and ran from the flames. Her dress was, obviously, damaged in the fire so we didn't need to worry about getting any soot on it.







A couple of the displays at my local primary school, after I spent a day with the students discussing my job.








 Scots Guards veterans and serving soldiers march in London on 'Black Sunday' to remember our fallen comrades.









The creative team after finishing a bridal shoot at the UK's 3rd Most Haunted Building, Adamton House.

One of my shots of a WW2 veteran for ABF The Soldiers Charity 'No Mans Land' campaign, which ended up being used on billboards across Scotland.
 Many thanks to John Davidson who kindly took these photos in Aberdeen.








Alex Salmond gets a selfie with a young supporter.

Nicola Sturgeon with Marie Macklin CBE, Elaine C. Smith, Tasmina Sheikh and other Scottish business women in Glasgow.



One window and a reflector was all that was needed for these shots of Kirsty. 



 This wedding saw me in the Somme region of France for 5 days - what an incredible experience!






 Canon Professional Services gave me the chance to shoot the new Julien MacDonald range on the catwalk at London fashion Weekend

Torrential rain didn't make a bit of difference during this Rock The Frock shoot - as I was almost waist-deep in the loch to begin with!

A couple of photos from a seaside shoot on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria.


Scottish First Minister, Alex Salmond, in the days before the Independence Referendum.





A christening, in Italy, for one of my Bride & Grooms.






One of the Scottish Commonwealth Weightlifting team during a team training session.










In the summer F2 Freelance Photographer Magazine included me in a Scottish issue which also featured the legendary husband and wife team of Trevor & Faye Yerbury. To say that I was delighted to be included in such revered company would be something of an understatement.


Making a fraction of a second.. last a lifetime

Comments

  1. What a great year you have had ... Here is to a better 2015 ... love and hugs ... Fea xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fea, it was great seeing you again. All the best to the clan. See you in '15 😃

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How a 9-yr old shot a wedding using the Fujifilm X-T1

Swimwear & fashion photoshoot with the Fujifilm X-T1 & X100T

Billingham Hadley Large review