Travelling light in Rome


I'm currently in Italy, shooting a christening in a couple of days, for one of my brides & groom - who are also great friends (isn't it amazing just how many friends we make in this wonderful job?) and I decided to take advantage of the trip to bring my wife and daughters along to see some of the sights.
Today was spent with Mrs KSG and our girls in Rome and I thought I'd share a few 'tourist' shots which I took of this gorgeous city with you. Armed with a Fujifilm X-Pro1 and just an 18mm lens, I wanted to see what I could do with only one lens. I have been completely bowled over by the sheer quality of images produced by the Fuji cameras, and the reduction in weight is a very welcome bonus. If I saw one DSLR today, I saw a thousand! Big, heavy bags and a multitude of lenses being lugged around were the norm. Scarily, though, that is exactly how I used to be - hell, I remember dragging my Billingham 550 bag full of kit around Istanbul a few years ago and boy did my back hate me for that one! There I go again, on a tangent - sorry. Back to my original point - I stuck with my favourite camera with one of my two most-used lenses (my all-time favourite is the Fuji XF 35mm f1.4, but I felt I'd need something a bit wider today) and just enjoyed snapping away. Yes, I was a bit restricted at times - that was the whole point - to make me work harder, while still enjoying some family time, yet try to get some good shots. Did I manage it? Well, I think so, but why don't you judge for yourself:

Trying the X-Pro1's built-in panoramic mode at the Coliseum.




www.ksgphotography.co.uk
Making a fraction of a second... last a lifetime 

Comments

  1. Travelling light in Rome, armed with just one camera & one lens - the Fujifilm X-Pro1 & XF 18mm f2

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post ! I agree, traveled to moscow with xt1 and 18-135 and 14mm, both were amazing! I used the 18-135 most of the time and the results are fantastic, even better than DSLR.... and I loved traveling light!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How a 9-yr old shot a wedding using the Fujifilm X-T1

Swimwear & fashion photoshoot with the Fujifilm X-T1 & X100T

Billingham Hadley Large review